Transfer printing is the process of printing your designs onto special transfer paper and then applying the transfer paper onto the t-shirt or garment using a commercial heat press. It enables full colour images to be printed very quickly and is a great option for promotional clothing.
Thermal transfer printing is perfect for short run T’s, sample T’s, bespoke custom T’s, promotional clothing, store opening tshirts, one off promotional t-shirts, stag and hen T-shirts or birthday gifts
- High Quality Printing Replication
- Full colour designs
- Very Fast so ideal for fast turnaround
- No Set Up Charges
Transfer printing can be used for both light and dark garments, but printing onto dark garments requires a thicker transfer paper which can make the garment a little stiffer where the transfer is, which is disliked by some people
The finished quality of the printed item is directly related to the quality of your image supplied, so it is important to provide high-resolution artwork or images.
Any image provided at low resolution will invariably reproduce badly and look blurred. We recommend at least 150dpi as a resolution. To find our more about artwork guidelines to ensure the highest quality printed tshirts or printed clothing visit our artwork guidelines page.
Other important factors to consider are:
- Colour fading of the image. After 10 -15 washes the colour of the image may start to wash out and fade
- The print size can be up to A3 size
- Dark garments will require a thicker transfer paper for the image and will feel slightly stiffer in the transfer area.